Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Top Ten List

I've had two people in the past week ask me to name several of my favorite restaurants around town after discussing post from my blog with them.  It's kind of fun when people talk with me about places I have recommended or telling me they've tried a place.  During the conversations, both of them suggested I do a top ten list. 

It sounded like an easy enough suggestion....until I started thinking of having to limit my favorite places to ten local restaurants.  But here they are, these are my top ten favorite restaurants in the Nashville/Brentwood/Cool Springs/Franklin area at this very point in time.  I know me well enough to know the list would be slightly different on a different day.

They are in no particular order....
  1. Chuy's - I've had too many good times here for this place not to be on the list.  I love the atmosphere there, their chips, salsa and their Elvis room...
  2. PF Changs & Pei Wei - They are both owned by the same company, and have basically the same menu, so it works as one place, right?  Pei Wei has been a staple on Thursday nights before Sanctuary and the people I go there with have been such a blessing.
  3. Sopapilla's - The food is great, it's close to my house, the service is excellent, they GIVE YOU dessert, and I've even written a blog post about this place.  If you haven't tried it yet, you want to give it a try.
  4. Cantina Laredo - It's in The Gulch and is an upscale Mexican place - which is kind of a weird concept for me.  But their Guacamole and their  Sizzling Apple Pie on a Fajita platter sold me on the place.  And I've had the best of experiences there each time I've gone.  They've all been special times with special people!
  5. SATCO - For Nashvillians, no explanation is needed.  This place is all about the atmosphere.  The food is good, but for the hangout potential, it's the best.
  6. Brewhouse South - I've only known about this place for two weeks, but it has made the top ten list for certain.  They have absolutely THE BEST chicken I have ever put in my mouth.  They've gotten a little mention in a blog post, but not nearly what they deserve.
  7. Blue Coast Burrito - I've eaten there so many times it simply feels like home.  It (Baja Burrito) was the first of its type in the Nashville area and still remains the best, in my humble opinion.
  8. Five Guys - They have the best cheeseburger in Nashville, period.  I wish I could buy into this chain and let them call it "Six Guys." One of my favorite Five Guys stories is being in DC last summer and while I was walking out of Five Guys five "ladies" were walking into Five Guys.  I noticed, as I held the door open for them, that they were all crossdressers/transvestites.  I SOOOOO wanted to take a picture of them in Five Guys.  Get it?... Five guys dressed as women in Five Guys.  I so missed out of this opportunity.
  9. Genghis Grill - It's stir fry and you get to choose how much and what goes in each bowl.  And you get to choose the sauce and the carb and you get to watch them make it!  And lately I've been going with some spectacular people, which makes this place even better.  It's a fun place with really good food.  ...and if the food was bad, it would be my fault because I didn't choose the right combination.  I like this place!
  10. Jim n Nicks - I've done a blog on this one too, and I really can't say enough of good things about this place.  If Cool Springs were to get a Jim n Nicks, I'm certain they'd all know me by name!  The food is wonderful, and like the other favorites, there are sweet and precious memories involved.
Ok, so that's it, that's my top ten list as requested.  Maybe I'll do this in another two months to see the mood I'm in then.  In two months, the marina restaurant may just be on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment